Managing COVID-19 in our clinics
We continue to provide dental services for kids and adults across South Australia, in line with the state's response to COVID-19.
To protect our clients and staff, we have COVID-19 safe measures in place at all our clinics.
Appointments will be scheduled to ensure physical distancing is possible and our COVID-19 safe measures are in place.
Attending an appointment
If you have an appointment with us, we ask that you:
- Attend your appointment by yourself if possible, or if needed, with a maximum of one other person.
- Wear a mask – if you arrive at the clinic without a mask, we will give you a mask to wear.
- Answer some screening questions about COVID-19.
- Use hand sanitiser when arriving at the clinic.
- Physically distance from others where possible.
When to reschedule your appointment
You will need to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Have flu-like symptoms.
- Are waiting for the results of your COVID-19 test.
- Have been in close contact with a COVID-19 case in the past 7 days.
If you have COVID-19, or are in quarantine or isolation and have a dental emergency, please phone your closest clinic for advice.
Before your appointment starts
When you are taken into our clinic for dental care, you will be asked to:
- Put your belongings in a certain area, which will be routinely cleaned between appointments.
- Use hand sanitiser.
- Use mouthwash before we examine your mouth.
We thank you for your continued patience as we strive to provide services while adhering to the State’s response to COVID-19.