What to bring
Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
If you are feeling unwell or cannot attend due to illness please contact the clinic to reschedule your appointment.
Please bring the following:
- Your Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card.
- Your Medicare Card.
- Your debit or credit card (some fees may be payable).
- A list of any medications you may be taking.
- Information about any health conditions you may have.
- If you have a medical condition, a GP or Specialist health summary or a referral letter.
Access & directions to clinics
Please visit our clinic page to get directions, view contact details and opening hours.
All our clinics are wheelchair accessible. For further information or assistance please speak to our clinic staff.
Accredited assistance dogs are welcomed at all SA Dental sites, with some restrictions.
Directions to the Adelaide Dental Hospital
The Adelaide Dental Hospital is located on Levels 11 and 12 of the University of Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences Building, on the corner of North Terrace and George Street (North), Adelaide, South Australia.
Wayfinding - the video below explains where the Adelaide Dental Hospital is located and how to access the clinics.
Managing COVID-19 in our clinics
We continue to provide dental services for kids and adults across South Australia, in line with the state's response to COVID-19.
To protect our clients and staff, we have COVID-19 safe measures in place at all our clinics.
Attending an appointment
If you have an appointment with us, we ask that you:
- Attend your appointment by yourself if possible, or if needed, with a maximum of one other person.
- Wear a mask – if you arrive at the clinic without a mask, we will give you a mask to wear.
- Answer some screening questions about COVID-19.
- Use hand sanitiser when arriving at the clinic.
- Physically distance from others where possible.
When to reschedule your appointment
You will need to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Have flu-like symptoms.
- Are waiting for the results of your COVID-19 test.
- Have been in close contact with or have anyone at home who is a COVID-19 case in the past 7 days.
If you have COVID-19, or answer yes to any of the above and have a dental emergency, please phone your closest clinic for advice.
Before your appointment starts
When you are taken into our clinic for dental care, you will be asked to:
- Put your belongings in an area that is cleaned between appointments.
- Use hand sanitiser.
- Use mouthwash before we examine your mouth.