Vaping and your oral health
In Australia, there is concern about the increasing number of teenagers who are vaping.
Like smoking, vaping is addictive and increases the risk of:
- gum disease and inflammation
- dry mouth
- tooth decay
- tooth loss
- oral cancer.
Nicotine or other chemicals in vaping liquids can also stain teeth through frequent or long-term use.
If you vape, it's important to look after your oral health.
- Drink plain water to rehydrate after you vape to avoid dry mouth and bad breath.
- Brush your teeth and gums in the morning and at night.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste.
- Have regular dental check-ups. Be sure to inform your dental professional if you have been vaping.
Call the Quitline on 13 78 48 if you would like support to stop vaping.