Brush twice a day
Kids should brush their teeth twice a day with a small, soft toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a “dot” of toothpaste, the size of a pea, on the toothbrush.
- From 6 years of age, you can swap children’s low fluoride toothpaste for any adult fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush in the morning and at night, just before bedtime. The fluoride in the toothpaste will stay on your child’s teeth during the night and help make them stronger.
- You should help your child to brush their teeth until they are 8 years old.
- Don’t let kids share their toothbrushes.
After brushing "spit, don’t rinse".