Caring for your teeth and gums
- Clean your teeth and gums morning and night.
- Use a small, soft toothbrush and adult fluoride toothpaste.
- After brushing, spit the toothpaste out, but don’t rinse.
- Limit how often you have sugary food and drink.
- Choose healthy snacks like fruit and cheese.
- Plain tap water is the best drink for your teeth.
- Visit a dental professional regularly.
- If you are a smoker, think about quitting (for free advice call call the Quitline 13 78 48).
Your oral health - a healthy mouth is important to your general health and wellbeing.